Monday 3 May 2010

Let's run away to everything you wanted

I'm happy today. OMG, i hear you say, what has come over this girl who is usually so dreary?!

well, today i have been to the beehive centre with my mum, and pottered around looking at odd brick-a-brack and hamsters. this made me feel very at ease with the world. it's nice to talk to mum properly, never usually get a chance.

secondly, yesterday i drunkenly walked home late in the dark, cold and slight rain, and suddenly 'bare necessities' from the jungle book popped into my head, and i just thought, that couldn't be more true.

look for the bare necessities, the simple bare necessities, forget about your worries and your strife!

what a brilliant sentiment. we don't need everything, all these material things which i convince myself i 'need' are often so stupid, so trivial. to be happy, there's just a few things i need, and last night i was pretty sure that i had them all. and so i walked home, singing to myself like a lunatic, and feeling on top of the
f u c k i n g
WORLD.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment